Preventative dentistry is the practice of oral care that involves education and the treatment of maintaining your mouth in a healthy condition to avoid cavities, gum disease, enamel wear and many other dental issues.
It includes two aspects of your dental care – the oral hygiene performed by you at home and procedures performed by dental health professionals.
Why is it recommended?
We recommend regular visits to your dentist to help you maintain clean, strong and durable teeth. Our dental health professionals will look for early signs of dental decay, periodontal issues and any other changes in the state of the soft tissue of your mouth to prevent more serious problems like oral cancer.
How can I maintain my oral health?
- Brush and floss your teeth daily
- Have regular check-ups (at least once a year)
- Eat a balanced diet
- Avoid acidic foods and drinks
The benefits of preventative dentistry
- Lower risk of developing decay, gum disease and more serious dental issues
- Early identification of dental problems
- Promote good oral hygiene habits and a healthy smile
- Helps reduce problems connected with chronic medical conditions like diabetes
For more information regarding this treatment
Back to treatments